Today’s Issue: Kamala Harris
Welcome to Monday News & Comments.
Where does Harris stand on the Issues?
- Supports preventing states from enacting laws without first clearing with Justice Department
- Supports repeal of Hyde Amendment
(Pro-Choice, a feel good name for Pro Abortion, is now accepting abortion right up until birth.)
- Supports giving grants to coastal communities to prepare for sea-level rise
- Supports the Green New Deal
(The Green New Deal is a prescription for disaster. Major industries, including mom/pop businesses would be negatively impacted. It could reduce America to a 3rd world country.)
Criminal Justice Reform
- Opposes death penalty (formerly supported it)
- Supported pardoning people convicted of drug-related crimes
- Supports expanding (packing) the Supreme Court
(The death penalty is 100% effective against repeat offenses; pardoning drug-related crimes would flood streets with criminals; packing Supreme Court would undermine government.)
- Supports ‘Equal Pay Certification’ to prove companies not giving preferential treatment regarding pay, promotions, & more
- Supports College For All Act (eliminating tuition/fees for public colleges/universities for Americans earning less than $125,000/yr.
- Supports a limited student loan debt forgiveness program
- Supports abolition of the Electoral College
- Supports updating and reinvigorating the Voting Rights Act
(Electoral College protects small states; founders intentionally included it.)
(This is what our country should always do.)
- Supports universal background checks
- Supports ban on assault weapons
(Attack on 2nd Amendment; most hunting rifles would be included.)
- Supports “Medicare-for-All with public option”
(Would bankrupt nation.)
- Supports Homeowners Bill of Rights
- Supports debt reduction for homeowners
- Supports refundable tax credit for families making less than $100,000/yr.
- Supports $100 billion program to help Americans of color buy homes
- Supports reforming eviction and screening processes
- Supports possible abolishment of ICE
- Supports DACA
(ICE protects our borders; most claims against it are false. DACA no longer an issue.)
- Supports federal legalization of marijuana
- Supports expunging marijuana convictions from people’s records
(Medical marijuana is different from marijuana.)
- Supports reparations
(Opportunities for Black people to advance already exist and should be improved. Reparations are not justified or needed.)
Get free Guide to Writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about us (“we edit, proof, and publish the book within you”) contact us at email@example.com and get our Free Brochure which tells you about our services.
AUTHOR’S PAGE: amazon.com/author/rfrederickriddle.
ARE YOU A BOOK REVIEWER? Want to review our books? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating that desire. Such as, ‘Seek to review [book Title].’ Be sure to indicate your email address and your name.
– – – – – – –
R Frederick Riddle, Editor of TR Writing Services, provides help struggling and/or new authors to write and publish their books. He also authors Historical, Speculative, and Mystery fiction, plus he is co-founder and Vice President of T&R Independent Books. To reply to any blog you can comment on a blog and/or send an email to email@example.com. His Facebook page is at RFrederickRiddlesWorld.