10 20 2020
Welcome to Riddle News which is published every Monday and Friday.
In my book Trump an Outsider’s View I have a timeline showing the Trump Administration’s action right up to August 31, 2020. The Timeline begins November 17, 2019 with the first known case and provides a daily look worldwide on the cases and deaths. I am enclosing excerpts for January here:
- The United States HHS Secretary Alex Azar was alerted on January 3 that CDC director Robert Redfield sent an email to the director of the Chinese CDC, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a level I travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.
- CDC Director Redfield sent another email to the Chinese CDC Director, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a level I travel notice for travelers to Wuhan, China due to the cluster of cases of pneumonia of an unknown etiology…”
- The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus.
- The CDC updated a Level 1 travel health notice for Wuhan, China.
- The USCDC announced that the genome had been posted on the NIH genetic sequence database, GenBank.
- The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan – San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.
- Dr. Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.
- The CDC activated its emergency operations center to provide ongoing support to the coronavirus response.
- The CDC sought a “special emergency authorization” from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.
- President Trump tweeted that he made an offer to President Xi Jinping to send experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.
- The CDC issued a level III travel health notice urging Americans to avoid all nonessential travel to China due to the coronavirus.
- The White House Coronavirus Task Force started meeting to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President.
- The White House announced the formation of the Coronavirus Task Force to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President.
- The White House Coronavirus Task Force is a United States Department of State task force created that “coordinates and oversees the Administration’s efforts to monitor, prevent, contain, and mitigate the spread” of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- President Trump declared a Public Health Emergency and announced restrictions on travel from China. Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
- The Department of Homeland Security took critical steps to funnel all flights from China into just 7 domestic U.S. airports.
[January is essentially the first month of the virus as it impacts the United States. Despite ridicule and accusations of racism, the United States took quick action by banning flights from China (later expanded in February). It bought the country time.
Total Cases 6, Deaths 0, Death Rate of 0.0%]
If you watch TV and read the paper, you are aware of a resurgence in Covid-19 cases both abroad and here in the United States. They are calling it the second wave.
However, you need to take a closer look. It is not so much of a second wave as it is a continuation of the first wave. It is now hitting rural America. If you insist on calling it a second wave, I won’t argue with you. But to include it into the worldwide resurgence is simply not ethical.
I wrote a book, Trump an Outsider’s View, that covers Covid-19 and the Death Rate rather thoroughly. I still track the Death Rate and it is now down to 2.7%! And it is still going down. Dr. Fauci and others agree that the Trump Administration saved thousands of lives by restricting China travel in January, a fact which embarrasses Biden who opposed the restrictions.
Another factor to be considered. Many liberals claim that the President said this and said that. I don’t have the time to argue each point. The truth is that action speaks louder than words. And this timeline for January and future timelines demonstrate he acted wisely and often.
Get free Guide to Writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Author Alerts (click and submit signup form)
For information about us (“we edit, proof, and publish the book within you”) contact us at email@example.com and get our Free Brochure which tells you about our services.
AUTHOR’S PAGE: amazon.com/author/rfrederickriddle.
ARE YOU A BOOK REVIEWER? Want to review our books? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating that desire. Such as, ‘Seek to review [book Title].’ Be sure to indicate your email address and your name.
– – – – – – – R Frederick Riddle is the Editor of TR Writing Services providing help to struggling and/or new authors to write and publish their books. He is also an author of Historical, Speculative, and Mystery fiction, plus co-founder and Vice President of T&R Independent Books. To reply to any blog you can comment on a blog and/or send an email to email@example.com. His Facebook page is at RFrederickRiddlesWorld.