10 02 2020
Welcome to Riddle News which is published every Monday and Friday.
In the first debate Biden said repeatedly Trump didn’t have a health plan. The following excerpts from a Newt Gingrich article prove otherwise.
Joe Biden’s assertion during Tuesday’s debate that President Trump does not have a health care plan is flat out false.
Unfortunately, the mainstream news media’s fact checkers probably won’t call him out on it… In fact, there is a widespread misunderstanding of what the president has done in health care and how it all fits together.
Back in 2018, we described…Trump’s “1,000 step progress on health reform,” noting that instead of opting to pass one giant, comprehensive health care bill, the president was delivering a series of small but significant reforms to cumulatively take us to a much better destination.
[Riddle: Does that remind you of how things used to get done?]
That destination was outlined in 2017 by the administration in a 124-page Health and Human Services document, “Reforming America’s Healthcare System Through Choice and Competition.” …It paints a picture of an alternative model — one that puts patients before insurance companies or government bureaucrats and delivers better care and coverage at lower costs.
Everything…President Trump has done in health care since then has been consistent with the vision laid …
Even …coverage of one of the president’s actions on health care is viewed in isolation rather than as another step towards the destination described in 2017.
[Riddle – We skip to a partial listing of his actions]
- Repealed the individual mandate
- Eliminated ObamaCare’s health insurance, medical device and “Cadillac plan” taxes
- Expanded health reimbursement arrangements to allow employers to help pay for their employees’ individual health plan premiums with pre-tax funds
- Lowered prescription drug prices for the first time in 50 years
- Approved a record number of generic drugs, saving Americans $2.6 billion…
- Took executive action to ensure price transparency in health care
- Lowered Medicare Advantage premiums considerably — by as much as 40 percent in some states — while modernizing the program with new benefits and options
- Improved kidney care with more transplants and better treatment
- Lowered the price of insulin for those on Medicare
- Invested in advances in genetic therapy for sickle cell disease
- Launched a $500 million initiative to find cures for childhood cancers
- Addressed the opioid crisis by expanding access to medication-assisted treatment and lifesaving naloxone, reduced opioid prescriptions by 35 percent, and launched findtreatment.gov to help those addicted
- Passed Right To Try to give critically ill patients access to lifesaving cures that haven’t been approved by the Food and Drug Administration;
- Expanded access to telehealth, especially in rural and underserved areas
- Signed historic VA Choice and Accountability legislation
- Launched a 24-hour suicide hotline for veterans; and
- Signed the largest-ever increase in childcare development block grants
- Allowed more health expenses from health savings accounts
- Gave states more flexibility to run their individual markets.
Also…orders that would go a long way toward solving…surprise billing problem, saving more money on drugs, and providing additional certainty to those with pre-existing conditions that they will always be able to find affordable health coverage.
… all consistent with the vision his administration laid out three years ago. They reveal that — contrary to news media reports and Biden’s talking points — not only does President Trump have a health care plan, he has been successfully implementing it.
Thanks to his 1,000-step approach…we are on our way to a transparent, patient-focused health care system that delivers better care and coverage at lower costs.
For more from Newt, go to Ginrich360.
Get free Guide to Writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Author Alerts (click and submit signup form)
For information about us (“we edit, proof, and publish the book within you”) contact us at email@example.com and get our Free Brochure which tells you about our services.
AUTHOR’S PAGE: amazon.com/author/rfrederickriddle.
ARE YOU A BOOK REVIEWER? Want to review our books? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating that desire. Such as, ‘Seek to review [book Title].’ Be sure to indicate your email address and your name.
– – – – – – –
R Frederick Riddle is the Editor of TR Writing Services providing help to struggling and/or new authors to write and publish their books. He is also an author of Historical, Speculative, and Mystery fiction, plus co-founder and Vice President of T&R Independent Books. To reply to any blog you can comment on a blog and/or send an email to email@example.com. His Facebook page is at RFrederickRiddlesWorld. #Writingservices