10 29 2020
Welcome to Riddle News which is published every Monday and Friday. This is a Special review of the Trump response to Covid-19.
In my book Trump an Outsider’s View I have a timeline showing the Trump Administration’s action right up to August 31, 2020. The Timeline begins November 17, 2019 with the first known case and provides a daily look worldwide on the cases and deaths. I am enclosing excerpts from August here:
- President authorizes extension through the end of the year for the use of the National Guard for COVID-19 assistance in 46 states and the territories of Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Effective August 21, 44 states and these territories will have a 75% Federal cost share. Florida and Texas will retain a 100% Federal cost share.
- President signs an Executive Order focusing Federal agencies on United States labor in Federal contracts. The order notes that these opportunities are especially critical during the economic dislocation caused by COVID-19.
- DOD, in support of the DHHS Strategic National Stockpile, announces it has awarded $104M for procurement of syringes in support of the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination campaign.
- President signs an Executive Order on ensuring essential medicines, medical countermeasures, and critical inputs are made in the United States.
- The U.S. State Department, in coordination with the CDC, lifts its Global Level 4 Health Advisory that had been in place since March 19. With changing COVID-19 conditions, the Department is returning to its previous system of country-specific levels of travel advice.
- DOD Under Secretary for Personnel & Readiness issues Force Health Protection Guidance Supplement 12.
- President directs FEMA to fund 25% of the cost share through September 30 for the use of the National Guard for COVID-19 assistance in Arizona, California, and Connecticut. This assistance is in addition to the 75% federal cost share through the end of the year for the extension of the use of the National Guard for COVID-19 response announced on August 3.
- President signs a memorandum authorizing the Other Needs Assistance Program for major disaster declarations related to COVID-19.
- President signs a memorandum deferring payroll tax obligations in light of COVID-19.
- POTUS signs an Executive Order on fighting the spread of COVID-19 by providing assistance to renters and homeowners.
- President extends student loan payment relief during COVID-19 through the end of the year.
- DOD, in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services, announces details for a Defense Production Act Title 3 COVID-19 action: a $3.1M agreement with BioFire Defense, LLC, to expand domestic production capacity for molecular diagnostic testing.
- State Testing Plans Now Publicly Available: HHS has published an all 50 state COVID-19 testing plans. Posting the plans allows states to view others’ approaches, plans and strategies and create new methods moving forward. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) awarded a total of $10.25 billion to states, territories, and localities to help implement the goals of each jurisdiction’s testing plan, with goals to improve testing for minorities and other vulnerable groups.
- DOD awards $750K to Plasma Technologies, LLC for manufacturing of convalescent plasma products using a novel process in support of the U.S. COVID-19 response.
- DOD reaches over 50,000 presumed COVID-19 cases (military, military dependents, DOD civilian employees, and DOD contractors).
- DOD announces details for three more Defense Production Act Title 3 COVID-19 actions: AQYR Technologies ($3.6M), Leonardo Electronics US Inc. ($7M), and Aero Turbine ($3.7M). These actions will help to retain critical workforce capabilities throughout the COVID-19 disruption.
- The FDA issued an emergency use authorization for convalescent plasma to treat COVID-19.
- President Trump announces additional steps, including new testing requirements, to help protect nursing home residents from COVID-19.
- The Trump Administration announces its purchase and production of 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests, to be distributed across the country.
- FEMA, acting on President Trump’s order earlier in the month, announced Lost Wages Grant for Florida. It will allow Florida to provide $300 per week – on top of their regular unemployment benefit – to those unemployed due to COVID-19.
Special Notice as of 10/29/20
We are just days from perhaps the most crucial election our country has ever had. It is complicated by the lies and distortions that have daily been aimed at Americans. I have personally witnessed otherwise intelligent people repeat the lies they’ve been told. I’ve also read Letters to the Editor of our local paper that are based on these lies as well. And all to many people have believed them. I hope I have reached at least one of the above who now realize that the Trump Administration was on top of Covid-19 (or CCP for Chinese Communist Party virus) from the beginning.
I’ve shown you the record. It is a record of hard work and success. Instead of 2.2 million deaths if we did nothing, it has been reduced to under 228,000 deaths. That is amazing, especially when you consider that they started out with antiquated tools and Democratic opposition. They eventually got better tools and the Democrats finally realized the threat (and the opportunity to assail Trump).
While the Democrats used the crises to advance their leftist agenda, the Trump Administration fought to bring the deadly results of the virus down and fought to not only save the economy, but getting it going strong again. And with a 33.1% growth in the 3rd Quarter, he’s succeeding.
My book, Trump an Outsider’s View, covers Covid-19 and the Death Rate rather thoroughly. I still track the Death Rate and it is now down to 2.57% as of today (10/29/20). That’s another 0.01% drop since yesterday. And it is still going down. To dismiss this by noting there is a lag time between cases and related deaths is just being ignorant. We now have almost 11 months of tracking that clearly shows the Death Rate in decline!
Dr. Fauci and others agree that the Trump Administration saved thousands of lives by restricting China travel in January, a fact which embarrasses Biden who opposed the restrictions. This is interesting since Dr. Fauci seems to now be in Biden’s camp (probably because he’ll have job security with Biden).
Another factor to be considered. Many liberals claim that the President said this and said that. I don’t have the time to argue each point. The truth is that actions speak louder than words. January thru August were months of action that were wise and often. The Death Rate at the end of May represented the high point, and we are still seeing the Death Rate decline.
Tomorrow, I will bring this series to a close.
Get free Guide to Writing at email@example.com.
Subscribe to Author Alerts (click and submit signup form)
For information about us (“we edit, proof, and publish the book within you”) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get our Free Brochure which tells you about our services.
AUTHOR’S PAGE: amazon.com/author/rfrederickriddle.
ARE YOU A BOOK REVIEWER? Want to review our books? Contact me at email@example.com with the subject line indicating that desire. Such as, ‘Seek to review [book Title].’ Be sure to indicate your email address and your name.
– – – – – – –
R Frederick Riddle is the Editor of TR Writing Services providing help to struggling and/or new authors to write and publish their books. He is also an author of Historical, Speculative, and Mystery fiction, plus co-founder and Vice President of T&R Independent Books. To reply to any blog you can comment on a blog and/or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. His Facebook page is at RFrederickRiddlesWorld.